Azure webinar series
Save Money and Simplify Management of SQL Server on VMs
You’ve built a toolkit of best practices for managing SQL Server in your datacenter. Now that you’re planning a migration to the cloud, how do you ensure that SQL Server is optimized and secured?
Turning on SQL Server IaaS Agent extension saves money and simplifies management of SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines at no additional cost. Now, all SQL IaaS Agent extension features, including security, availability, and storage management are available to you without rebooting your SQL Server.
In this webinar, we’ll walk you through:
- Registering your SQL Server on Azure VMs.
- License management using the SQL Server blade in the Azure portal.
- Accessing VM management tools including update management, backups, HA, and other best practices.
- Turning on Azure Defender for SQL to enable vulnerability assessments and security alerts.
- Using IaaS Agent extension to manage SQL Server on Windows Server or Ubuntu Linux.