Learn how to modernize your on-premises databases with this Packt e-book, Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2019. Find out what’s new in Microsoft SQL Server 2019, a consistent platform for secure and compliant modern data management solutions.
Get a detailed look at how to use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 to:
- Run faster transactions with enhanced high availability and performance.
- Get in-database machine learning with R and Python as well as self-service reports and dashboards through Power BI Report Server and Mobile BI.
- Run mission-critical workloads using Windows, Linux, and containers on premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments.
- Integrate, manage, and analyze both relational and unstructured big data using data virtualization and big data clusters.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 big data clusters as an analytical data lake with built-in support for Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and Spark.
- Analyze and score large amounts of data with machine learning and processing platforms like Spark.