SQL Server e-book series—technical deep dives for your database journey
Get the technical resources, documentation, and code samples you need to support all areas of your data estate—from discovery and research to implementation and maintenance. You’ll gain the flexibility to deploy the industry-leading performance and security of SQL Server 2017 to your favorite platform.
Provide your information just once to access the entire SQL Server technical e-book series, including:
- Book 1—Improving Performance with Faster Querying
- Learn about speed, scalability, and other built-in SQL Server features that deliver faster processing capabilities. Explore in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP), a memory-optimized database engine integrated into the SQL Server engine that can significantly improve application performance. Other topics include column store indexes, lightning-fast analytics, and automatic tuning features like adaptive query processing.
- Book 2—Delivering Business Continuity with the Right Database
- Explore high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) strategies to maintain business continuity and minimize unplanned downtime and data outages. Walk through the two most common continuity solutions: mirroring—at the database level—and clustering—at the server level. Discover the rich SQL Server feature set of availability groups, failover cluster instances, and log shipping capabilities. Find out how instances of SQL Server can be made highly available on both Windows and Linux using the same features.
- Book 3—SQL Server on Linux: A Re-platforming Guide
- Get the definitive guide on re-platforming for heterogeneous environments—combining operational databases, data warehouse, and various data sources to drive insights. Familiarize yourself with cross-platform and migration tools along with use-case demos of the cutting-edge technologies and enterprise-grade features now available in open-source and mixed-shop (Linux + Windows) environments. Topics include column store indexes, in-memory technologies, high availability, graph data extensions, Adaptive Query Plan, and enhanced security features.
- Book 4—Create a Platform of Trust
- Keep your customers’ trust and protect their personal data in compliance with Europe's new data privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for your customers living in the European Union. Learn how to use SQL Server 2017 tools to improve data security for all your clients and avoid potential costs and risks to your company associated with GDPR non-compliance.
- Book 5—Inside Out: SQL Server 2017 Administration
- Grow your technical skill set and get the documentation you need to get the most out of Microsoft SQL Server 2017 with a custom excerpt of the technical e-book, Inside Out: SQL Server 2017 Administration.
- Book 6—Top Six Reasons Companies Make the Move
- SQL Server 2017 brings the world-class benefits of SQL to Linux. Early adopter companies evaluated SQL Server on Linux and provided feedback on six main benefits: flexibility, performance, security, cost, simplicity, and everything built in. Read how businesses are transforming their data ecosystems with SQL Server 2017 on Linux.
- Book 7—SQL Server 2017 on Linux Quick Start Guide
- Learn the answers to the most frequently asked questions from the Microsoft Engineering Town Hall series on SQL Server 2017 and open source platforms. Download the updated edition of the SQL Server 2017 on Linux Quick Start Guide with explanations for more than 275 questions asked by database administrators, architects, and developers.
Bookmark this page and check back for new additions to the series.