With a constantly changing, and increasingly diversifying IT landscape– particularly in terms of heterogeneous operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc.) - IT organizations must contend with multiple data types, different development languages, and a mix of on-premises/cloud/hybrid environments, and somehow simultaneously reduce operational costs. To enable you to choose the best platform for your data and applications, SQL Server is bringing its world-class RDBMS to Linux and Windows with SQL Server v.Next.
In this whitepaper you will learn more about the SQL Server on Linux offering and how it provides a broader range of choice for all organizations, not just those who want to run SQL on Windows. It enables SQL Server to run in more private, public, and hybrid cloud ecosystems, to be used by developers regardless of programming languages, frameworks or tools, and further empowers ‘every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.’
Download this whitepaper to learn more about
- What’s next for SQL Server on Linux
- The Evolution and Power of SQL Server 2016
- Enabling DevOps practices such as Dev/Test and CI/CD with containers
- What is new with SQL Server 2016 SP1: Enterprise class features in every edition
- How to determine which SQL Server edition to deploy based on operation need, not feature set