Enhance Remote Developer Productivity
with GitHub, Canonical, VS Code & Azure
Do you want to learn more about the tools that help developers code, collaborate, and ship remotely?
Our work no longer stops while we’re at home and keeping our team productive is key to making our services work for our customers. We’d like to share some of the ways we’re working to make this as seamless as possible to help developers code together and deliver software remotely.
In this session will walk you through remote developer productivity including pair programming using GitHub, VS Code, Ubuntu Remote Server, and developer environment security considerations combined with demos:
- Teams and whiteboarding
- VS Code remote and setup of all add-ins
- Ubuntu VM creation (includes Cloudinit, JIT access, scheduled shutdown)
- GitHub actions + code review on Yaml files
- GitHub: commit code, Deploying to AKS
- Quickly provision Virtual Linux Server with Canonical Ubuntu on Azure
- Collaborate with VS Code Remote Work tools
- Enable collaboration with Live code share using Visual Studio and Azure DevOps
- DevOps Engineer
- Technical Lead
- Solution Architects