AGL lights up modern data warehouse
Unlocking the power of data
In this free webinar, you’ll hear from Australia’s largest energy provider, AGL Energy, as they discuss why data has evolved to be a strategic asset for the organisation in order to answer complex business problems. AGL embarked on a data transformation journey to consolidate numerous databases into a single platform that was well managed, up to date, and governed.
Hear from Neil Dicker, Enterprise Data Architect at AGL, as he shares AGL’s traditional approach to data and how his team was able to align architecturally to internal drivers and guiding principles. Joining the conversation, Tim Gerber, Delivery Manager at AGL shares his experience in executing the project and the numerous hurdles along the way to achieve an innovative data platform.
- What changed within AGL to enable their data culture to evolve
- How AGL leveraged their existing data assets to build out cloud solutions
- How to leverage reference architectures such as Azure’s “Well-Architected” frameworks
- AGL’s approach to team formation and project execution
- Key learnings for other organisations looking to embark on an innovative data transformation project
Speaker Presentations - 50 mins
Audience Q&A - 10 mins